Pottery Barn is hiring for Sales Associates! Please apply within, we are located on the upper level near Target and Billy Beez.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Provide customers with a unique shopping experience by offering excellent customer service. Utilize effective selling techniques and provide in-depth product knowledge in a fast-paced, specialty retail environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide sincere, friendly and energetic customer service by exemplifying World-Class service standards.
• Achieve established sales and contest goals.
• Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions.
• Assist customers with special services including: gift wrap, gift registry, locating merchandise, catalog orders, special orders, back orders, charge sends, courier deliveries, and furniture orders.
• Utilize effective selling techniques to build multiple sales and increase productivity.
• Demonstrate comprehensive product knowledge, including features and benefits.
• Efficiently and accurately perform register transactions i.e., sales, returns, and exchanges.
• Assist in implementation and maintenance of visual merchandise presentation, signage and lighting.
• Uphold store maintenance and cleanliness standards.
• Straighten, clean and help maintain stockroom as needed.
• Process, ticket, and restock merchandise as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
• Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
• 1-2 years retail sales experience, (specialty retail preferred, but not required.)
• 1-2 years customer service experience.
• Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
• Ability to operate POS system.
• Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 lbs., while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
• All management and associates are expected to have open and flexible availability to meet the needs of the business.