Do you love Home Design and Decor? Do you have an eye for merchandising and a drive for sales and service? Pottery Barn is hiring for visual merchandising associates! Please apply within, we are located on the Upper Level near Target and Billy Beez.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Support management team in achieving goals by providing World-Class service. Serve as a role model for building relationships with customers. Maintain presence through store supervision to ensure appropriate staff coverage in all areas of the store. Perform operational functions to ensure the store meets Company guidelines. Implement visual changes and maintain store standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create engaging experiences for customers by sharing expertise on styling, decorating & entertaining
• Seek out & promote innovative ways to make West Elm a neighborhood destination for inspiration
• Interpret & execute visual inspiration to drive sales & convey the eclectic, creative & modern spirit of the brand
• Ensure merchandising & displays are visually compelling to drive sales
• Model & coach associates on how to uphold visual standards
• Promote the lifestyle & protect the image of the West Elm Brand
• Makes the store a fun, inspirational neighborhood destination
• Continually seek out inspiration, trends & ways to elevate product, decorating & styling expertise
• Replenish the sales floor regularly & maintain visual presentation & displays
• Execute floorset to reflect the inspiration, standards & spirit of the directive within required timeframe
• Foster an environment where all associates are treated fairly & with dignity & respect, in accordance with our People-First Philosophy
• Collaborate with the sales team by appreciating & valuing the talents & contributions of others
• Be held accountable for the following brand competencies: operates with strategic agility, drives innovation & change, provides influential leadership, communicates effectively, develops self & others, creates teams & partnerships, focuses on the customer, models personal accountability, builds operations excellence & drives execution.
• 1-3 years of experience in merchandising or visual role
• 1-2 years experience in home related design or visual merchandising preferred. Specialty retail preferred
• Effective communication, organization and leadership skills.
• Proven ability to motivate and influence others through personal actions and examples.
• Must be able to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time
• Must be able to lift & mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 lbs., while utilizing appropriate equipment & safety techniques
• All management and associates are expected to have open and flexible availability to meet the needs of the business.