IT’S Fun, IT’S Flexible, IT’S Entertaining, IT’S Bringing the Fun Back into Retail
IT’S Fun, IT’S Flexible, IT’S Entertaining
IT’SUGAR was founded to create an environment that fosters the greatest feeling of happiness and humor; that allows you to smile and laugh out loud without judgment. Expanding rapidly, with over 100 locations nationwide, IT’SUGAR aspires to a future where everyone has access to the pure joy that comes from indulging in a world with fewer rules and more sugar.
There are three major things that differentiate IT’SUGAR from other candy retailers. One is the product – an unconventional twist on traditional candy store goods that focus on the humorous and outlandish. Second is the ambiance – full of bright colors, loud music, and lighthearted rebellion. The third is the people – passionate, optimistic, and energetic.
IT’SUGAR is looking for a fun and dynamic Retail Assistant Store Manager to join our crew. The Assistant Store Manager will oversee the retail store operations to ensure sales goals and operational objectives are met.
What you’ll do? IT’S Exciting!
Laugh out loud, dance to the music, and provide a humorous escape to our customers while you,
Act as Leader on Duty:
- Lead, coach and motivate through positive, enthusiastic brand representation and present solutions for ongoing challenges.
- Holds self and staff accountable for the achievement of sales goals and metrics.
- Builds strong partnerships with team members to drive results
- Promotes safety for both our customers and associates by adhering to company guidelines.
- Holds self and staff accountable to our Core Values and coaches to the behaviors associated with them.
- Oversees the daily operation of the store and ensures that sales objectives are met.
- Fosters a productive work environment through consistent coaching and training of the Sales Associates.
- Evaluates daily operations on an ongoing basis and makes recommendations/initiates action to enhance productivity, efficiency, effectiveness, and profitability.
- Follow our customer engagement model SWEETPledge by setting the stage, welcoming, engaging, entertaining, and thanking the customer.
Recruit Great Talent:
- Responsible for proactively networking/recruiting qualified candidates to ensure proper backfill for all positions. Seek internal/external candidates with a proven ability to develop and maintain sincere, authentic relationships.
- Assist the Store Manager when selecting, training, and coaching Associates/Supervisors and ensures that policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Provide timely performance feedback to associates.
Achieve Sales Goals:
- Follows through on customers’ requests for specific items and suggests additional products.
- Use selling skills by explaining benefits, features, prices, quality, value, and other product information.
- Establish a Collaborative Selling Culture in the Store and ensures Associates/Supervisors are trained in all IT’SUGAR selling training programs.
Support Store Operations
- Maintains store cash handling records, reports, and opening and closing procedures.
- Reviews merchandise orders and inventory levels for accuracy and consistency.
- Merchandises and ensures displays are set to visual guidelines.
- Capture information on retail customers to enhance sales and maintain the store’s client file.
- Plan, coordinate, and set up special events and promotions.
- Maintain communication with associates regarding product recommendations to increase sales/inventory.
- Understands all Loss Prevention (LP) policies and procedures and communicates LP issues with the Store Manager.
- Operational Responsibilities include cleaning, trash removal, backroom/restroom maintenance, mopping floors, etc.
Embody our Core Values:
- Display enthusiasm and optimism while working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Represent our core values: Optimism, Passion, Ownership, Sense of Humor
What you need to join the fun (besides SUGAR):
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent
- Years of Experience: 2 – 3 years of retail experience
- Prior sales and management experience in a retail environment preferred
- Willing to work a flexible schedule of days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to use a POS/cash register
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Ability to lift product to properly merchandise it. The employee must frequently, and independently, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee needs to be able to lift up to 50lbs (may be assisted with this task).
- Must be able to work alone or with a minimum amount of supervision.
What’s in it for you? IT’S Even Sweeter
- Flexible scheduling
- Career growth Opportunities
- Training and Development
- 30% Employee Discount
- Perk Spot (Discount travel, events, etc.)
- Fun at Work! Dance, sing, laugh out loud while you work.
- 401k with company match after 12 months
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
Full Time Only
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Account
- Legal Services
Let’s get Social! IT’S Cool
- Website: www.itsugar.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/itsugar
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/itsugar