At Lovesac we believe you should be free to live the life you love and that we should all live in Total Comfort. From Sactionals – The World’s Most Adaptable Couch™, to Sacs – The World’s Most Comfortable Seat™, Lovesac products are durable, changeable, and truly designed for life. Our founder’s philosophy, Designed for Life™, demands that our products are both built to last a lifetime and designed to evolve with our ever-changing lives. It’s an uncompromising approach to achieving true sustainability.
Lovesac has an entrepreneurial spirit within its walls. It’s innovative and exciting. Our products and our people are one of a kind. We are changing the way people think about furniture. While embarking upon a career with us; you will work within an interdependent team of passionate professionals collaborating to exceed expectations in all facets of our growing business.
Voted by Furniture Today Magazine into the Top 100 Growing Furniture Company; we are excited about the future!!
At Lovesac we are committed to living and succeeding by incorporating our Guiding Principles:
We can all win together
Doing less and doing better
We’re borrowing this earth from our children
Home is where life happens
Currently, we are seeking to hire a Department Manager to work within our Best Buy Shop and Shop location and will be responsible for selling, leading and developing shop in shop team to deliver sales results for the location. Must be passionate for our product and our customer, and continuously create a unique experience for them through personal interaction and social media via chats and live demos, or on the phone and through email. A Department Manager is responsible for selecting and developing a high performing showroom team to exceed customer expectations. As a Department Manager, you will schedule and adjust payroll to maximize productivity, achieve sales/payroll goals and complete workload to be profitable. A Department Manager will operate the shop in shop to maximize sales and profitability through merchandise standards, inventory, expense control, human resources management, operating costs and shrink.
Summary of Key Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible to meet or exceed all goals and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Assist with the consistent store operations to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Train team to meet or exceed financial goals through the execution of love sacks proprietary selling process to deliver sales results consistently.
- Resolve issues to the customer satisfaction working in collaborative partnership with District Manager and follows up with the customer on order tracking and updates.
- Ensure and maintain inventory integrity and accuracy, protecting company assets at all times.
- Support the recruiting and hiring of SIS talent, developing bench and networking for back fill.
- Communicates issues regarding team and business to supervisor timely, sharing pertinent details as necessary.
- Direct the execution of promotional campaigns including product placement and marketing.
- Ensure store merchandising standards are maintained (IE merchandising visuals, marketing, cleanliness, appropriate inventory levels backroom organization, cleanliness, safety, etc) in accordance with company operating policies and procedures.
- Process POS transactions IE sales returns and exchanges in accordance with company policies and provides accurate information to clients.
- Maintain a calm demeanor and manage issues professionally and respectfully in accordance with our company standards.
- Act with integrity and trust, modeling behavior that respects our employees, peers and customers in accordance with the core values of our company.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years Retail Management experience plus luxury retail or future experience preferred.
- Must be results driven and utilize knowledge to meet or exceed KPIs and goals.
- Must build good relationships with Best Buy Leadership and staff.
- Must have proven time management skills and quickly adapts to a changing business environment.
- Able to prioritize responsibilities with the appropriate level of urgency, able to listen and can use this information to solve problems, anticipate issues and make correct decisions based on a variety of situations.
- Must take accountability and responsibility for your actions.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines consistently.
- Must have superior communication skills; verbal, written and interpersonal skills; able to listen effectively to solve problems, anticipate issues and make effective decisions.
- Able to communicate in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills.
- Maintain the highest level of customer service, creating solutions and experiences that drive business results and engagement with the brand.
- Must work collaboratively with fellow employees, treating all clients, both internal and external with dignity and respect at all times.
- Proficiency required utilizing Microsoft Office including but not limited to iPad, laptop, POS systems, Podium and Facebook Live, etc.
- Must comply with the standards, policies and procedures outlined in the Lovesac Employee Handbook.
- Interact with guests in person and virtually through live demos and video chats. Flexible to work and report regularly to a designated showroom location as required by management.
- Be able to perform furniture assembly demonstrations repeatedly throughout the day.
- Must be able to assemble furniture.
- Must be capable of using and operating all equipment as required, including but not limited to: iPad, laptop, etc. Be able to move objects (including medium to large furniture items up to 75 pounds) from a lower to a higher position or horizontally from position-to-position or be able to assemble furniture while working on the selling floor or in our warehouse.
- Flexible to work a minimum of 3 weekends per month, Sat and Sun, due to the nature of our business unless otherwise approved, able to work 2 closing shifts per week, one of those to include a Friday or Saturday.
- Must be able to travel, as required by the Company in its sole discretion, for occasional meetings and conferences using various forms of transportation.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and exemplify The Lovesac Values:
Lovesac Core Values
Willing to sweep the floors
Only “A” Players
Our Showrooms including our website are open seven days a week and require morning, evening, weekend and holiday availability.
Lovesac is an Equal Opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, marital status, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.