Director of Operations
Full Job Description
SUMMARY: Oversees all operational functions in the Center, including maintenance of the property, project management and tenant coordination to help maintain and enhance the value of the property at the lowest possible cost as well to the operating budget.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Oversees maintenance of building and property including all personnel assigned to carry out tasks associated with said maintenance.
2. Oversees and supervises housekeeping and security services to insure contract obligations are met. Review and assess the day to day incident and accident reports. Coordinate and conduct monthly safety meetings.
3. Develops, maintains, and ensures high quality merchant relations related to operational functions in their stores. Review leases to determine area of responsibility.
4. Maintains open communication with town officials to help determine what improvements and developments would be mutually beneficial for both community and the company.
5. Oversees and approves the development of a Preventative Maintenance Program for all assigned areas.
6. Develops and maintains a budget that ensures proper maintenance of the property at the highest possible level and the lowest possible cost. Develops and maintains construction budgets for expansion, relocations and other tenant coordination.
7. Negotiates and manages contracts for tenant relocations, Cap Ex Projects and service contracts.
8. Negotiates and prepares contracts for any outside firm that helps to maintain or enhance the operational value of the Center.
9. Maintains communication with Tenant Coordinator to monitor construction related to tenant openings or expansion. Reviews and approves tenant prints to insure compliance with Pyramid Tenant Handbook and Building/Fire Codes.
10. Monitors liability exposure and determines the best possible way to prevent exposure.
11. Oversees the monitoring of Center utilities. Implements energy-conservation and cost-saving measures while maintaining appropriate service.
12. Acts as Manager on Duty on assigned weekends.
Maintenance Supervisor, Mechanic(s), Exterior
and Interior Maintenance, Landscaping and Housekeeping and indirectly supervises contract janitorial services (where applicable)
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelors Degree in Business, Building Administration or related field or equivalent work
EXPERIENCE: Five years experience in general building operations, property management, or project
management maintenance. One to three years supervisory experience. Budget preparation, cost control and energy management. In addition, excellent communication skills and experience in personnel management and merchant customer relations.
OTHER QUALITIES: Ability to meet deadlines, interpersonal skills, manage projects, ability to read and interpret
blueprints/drawings and attention to detail.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually equivalent to a busy shopping mall. It is occasionally a general office environment or outdoors.
Please email resume to: [email protected] with the word RESUME in the subject line.