Store Associate – Shortage Control in Holyoke, Massachusetts
LOCATION 50 Holyoke St Holyoke MA US 01040
If you want an exciting job with one of the largest off-price retail stores in the nation, join the Burlington Stores, Inc. team as a Shortage Control Associate! Are you a people-person with keen attention to detail? Do you hold yourself to the highest ethical and professional standards? Can you remain calm and professional in stressful situations? Are you an expert multitasker who would thrive in a high-energy retail environment? If so, this may be the right role for you!
As a Shortage Control Associate in our store, you will be responsible for maintaining a professional loss prevention presence at the store entrance. You’ll greet all customers as they enter to ensure customers can see our commitment to providing a safe and secure shopping environment, and to deter theft, shoplifting, and other dishonest activities. Your confidence, positive attitude, and engaging personality will allow you to effectively build trust and respect among customers and colleagues. Your discipline, attention to detail, and commitment to maintaining safety standards will be critical, as you monitor the entrance for the entire duration of every shift. As the first person customers see, you’ll be key in establishing a safe, friendly, and welcoming shopping experience that reflects Our Burlington values.
- Remain alert and engaged in monitoring the entrance and greeting customers during the entire duration of every assigned shift.
- Project a professional image including wearing appropriate company-issued loss prevention attire, complying with company dress-code, and utilizing a positive and confident communication-style.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and welcoming store entrance environment.
- Greet customers with a smile, answer questions, and provide excellent customer service.
- Learn and apply all shortage control best practices including performing bag and package checks and enforcing all safety and security standards.
- Observe and report on key shortage control insights within your location and work with Asset Protection Investigators and leadership to address areas of opportunity.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to visually monitor store environment.
- Ability to verbally communicate with customers and colleagues.
*Due to the impact of COVID-19, additional health and safety accommodations may be required in stores including but not limited to the use of personal protective equipment like masks and gloves, temperature checks, social distancing, and store capacity limits, among others.
What we offer:
You will enjoy a competitive wage, flexible hours, and an associate discount. We are a rapidly growing brand, and provide a variety of training and development opportunities so our associates can grow with us. Our store teams work hard and have fun together!
At Burlington, we…
…deliver great values to customers every day.
…take a sense of pride and ownership in helping drive positive results.
…are committed to treating colleagues and customers with respect.
…believe in the power of diversity and inclusion.
…participate in initiatives that positively impact our communities.
Today’s Date 1/27/2021
Posting Number 2021-145968
Address 50 Holyoke St
Zip Code 01040
Position Type Regular Part-Time
Career Site Category Store Associate
Position Category Store Associate