For Immediate Release:
June 8, 2020
MEDIA CONTACT: Aiden McGuire; 315-454-2808; [email protected]
Holyoke Mall Retail Venues Re-Open Today Under Phase Two Re-Opening of Massachusetts with Enhanced Safety Measures, Cleaning Protocols and “Healthy Shopper Guidelines”
— In conjunction with the Phase Two re-opening of Massachusetts, Holyoke Mall will re-open for on-property retail and restaurants with enhancements to its safety and sanitizing policies and procedures, all designed to make its facilities as safe as possible for everyone —
Holyoke, MA – In accordance with announcements made this past weekend by government officials in Massachusetts, Holyoke Mall will open today for on-property retail and restaurants following the official Massachusetts Phase Two guidance. As part of its re-opening, Holyoke Mall will introduce significant changes to its safety and sanitizing policies and procedures, along with Healthy Shopper Guidelines with Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations everyone must follow prior to entering the property. Holyoke Mall will operate under modified hours of operation, Monday – Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
“Our preparations over the past two months have truly put the safety and well-being of our guests, tenants and employees first,” said Aiden McGuire, Director of Corporate Communications, Pyramid Management Group. “We are excited to welcome guests back with enhancements to our safety and sanitizing policies and procedures, along with Healthy Shopper Guidelines all visitors must follow prior to visiting the property. Together, we can all do our part to put safety first.”
Guests will be greeted with a wide range of safety and sanitizing policies and procedures, all designed to make Holyoke Mall as safe as possible for its employees, tenants and guests. They include:
- Face Mask Requirement: Everyone visiting Holyoke Mall will be required to wear a face mask, in accordance with New York State and CDC guidelines.
- Social Distancing: All guests will be reminded to maintain social distancing and stay 6-feet apart with visual reminders placed throughout the center, along with new one-way directional signage to avoid contact with other guests.
- Enhanced Cleaning and Sanitizing: Holyoke Mall has enhanced its cleaning and sanitizing of the common areas and numerous touch points, restrooms, seating areas, and food court. This includes using CDC-recommended disinfectants designated as effective against SARS-CoV-2 virus in accordance with or exceeding CDC sanitation guidelines.
- Proactive Touchless Disinfecting: Holyoke Mall cleaning team will be utilizing new electrostatic sprayers, leveraging the same technology used to clean hospital rooms to sanitize its center using an approved disinfectant recommended by the CDC.
- Hand Sanitizer Stations: New hand sanitizer stations will be available at:
- Digital directories throughout the property
- Food court areas
- Elevators and escalators
- Throughout the common area
- Curbside Pickup: Several restaurants are offering curbside pick-up including Uno’s Pizzeria & Grill, Sumo Japanese Steakhouse and The Greek Place. While Target is open for shopping, they also still offer curbside pick-up. Macy’s and Best Buy are offering curbside pick-up as well.
- Daily Health Screenings for Holyoke Mall employees, security, housekeeping employees and all contractors returning.
In addition, Holyoke Mall has created “Healthy Shopper Guidelines” with CDC recommendations that everyone must follow prior to entering the property. They include:
- Face masks or coverings must be worn by everyone.
- Refrain from touching your nose, mouth and eyes.
- Keep a safe distance from other people, a minimum of 6 feet.
- Stay to the right and follow the one-way traffic arrows throughout the property.
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water frequently and for at least 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitizer stations located throughout the property.
- Avoid standing in lines and keep a safe distance from other people.
- Avoid touching products you do not intend to purchase.
- Please assess your health before visiting. Avoid entering this building if you have, or recently have had, symptoms associated with COVID-19: a temperature greater than 100.00°F, cough, body aches, rash, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, etc.
- Avoid entering our property if you, or anyone you have been in close contact with, has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or been placed in a quarantine for possible contact with COVID-19.
About Holyoke Mall
Holyoke Mall at Ingleside is Western’s New England’s premiere shopping center located in Holyoke’s Ingleside neighborhood and conveniently located near the interchange of I-90 and I-91. Holyoke Mall was built in 1979 and later expanded in 1995- now spanning 1.6 million square feet. The three-level Mall is home to 150 shops, restaurants, and department stores including: Macy’s, Christmas Tree Shops, Target, Victoria’s Secret, Apple, Round1, DSW, Forever 21, Flight Fit N Fun, Loft, Banana Republic, H&M, Sumo Japanese Steakhouse, 110 Grill, and more.
About Pyramid Management Group, LLC
Pyramid Management Group is one of the largest, most innovative, privately-held real estate developers in the northeast. Headquartered in Syracuse, New York, Pyramid’s portfolio of dynamic shopping, dining and entertainment destinations and expanding hospitality presence dominate the northeast with 14 properties located throughout New York and Massachusetts. For 50 years, Pyramid has built its reputation on being first, fast, ahead of the curve and always what’s next, leading the industry in combining the best elements of traditional retail with world-class dining and entertainment, all under one roof. For more information, visit www.pyramidmg.com.