FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
November 23, 2020
Holyoke Mall’s Ultimate Holiday Shopping Guide
— This Holiday Shopping Season will be a Little Different, So We’ve Put Together the Ultimate Shopping Guide to Help —
Holyoke, MA: We blinked, and the holidays were upon us! There’s no slowing down now. Black Friday is here – but don’t worry. We have your back. Holyoke Mall has produced the Ultimate Holiday Shopping Guide, full of all the “insider” ways to make your family’s traditional shopping experience memorable and safe. Let’s get right to it, shall we?
TAKE SAFETY SERIOUSLY
Your safety is our number one priority. We are taking every precaution to ensure your safety as well as our employees. Click here to learn more about Holyoke Mall’s comprehensive safety and sanitizing measures. Safety is a shared responsibility, so please do your part. Click here for a full list of our Healthy Shopper Guidelines, which must be followed by all guests.
- Wear a mask. As per Massachusetts mandate, a mask MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES while visiting Holyoke Mall. The mask must cover your nose and your mouth and must be worn both inside and outside of the property. A mask under your nose or hanging under your chin, is not going to cut it. Do your part and cover up. If you need a mask, a Holyoke Mall Security Guard will gladly provide one free of charge. If you don’t see a security guard on the floor, please call 413-322-7746.
- Social distance. Stay at least six feet from others that are not in your party while walking, riding the escalator, or standing in any line. Try to limit elevator use and opt to use the escalators, if possible. If you decide to utilize an elevator, please maintain a distance of six feet from others while riding.
- Use hand sanitizer. There are hand sanitizers placed on all of the touch screen directories and other locations throughout the property. Please use them.
- Don’t walk and eat/drink. Massachusetts mandates that masks can only be removed while seated at a table for a meal, therefore all food and beverages must be consumed while seated. When you walk around, you should be wearing your mask while visiting Holyoke Mall.
- Don’t talk on the phone with your mask off. Masks are required while you are on the phone.
- Follow the directional floor prompts. To keep traffic flowing the same direction and ease congestion, one-way, directional signage has been placed on doors, floors and digital screens throughout the property. Please follow them.
- Stay home. If you are sick, have a fever or show any COVID symptoms, please stay home. Any guest or employee with a temperature greater than 100.00°F or who has flu-like symptoms (e.g., cough, body aches) will not be permitted to visit the property.
SHOP EARLY—DEALS ARE AVAILABLE NOW!
To cut down on the crowds, long lines, we strongly encourage you to shop early. Many retailers have already kicked off their Black Friday deals, so why not take advantage of them? To let you in on a little secret… some of the same deals you are seeing now, will be the same ones offered on Black Friday.
If you can swing it, show up early, sometime on a weekday morning and scope out sales.
- Here’s a preview of some of the many early Black Friday deals.
- Also, follow Holyoke Mall on Facebook and Instagram for featured offers daily.
ENJOY THANKSGIVING AT HOME
Holyoke Mall will be CLOSED for Thanksgiving. If you are looking for some family fun and a little exercise, Round1 Bowling & Amusement will be open from 10:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Holyoke Mall doors will be locked but access to Round1 will be from their exterior parking lot entrance.
Holyoke Mall doors will then open at 6:00 a.m. on Black Friday morning.
BLACK FRIDAY PLANNING
If you must shop on Black Friday, make the most of your time by planning out your day. Here’s what we suggest:
- Figure out which stores you plan to visit. Review our hour-by-hour guide to find out store opening and closing hours. Holyoke Mall Holiday Hours
- Review our online digital directory to map out the stores you plan to visit. Once you have your plan, designate who in your party will shop at each store. Share your lists so that one person can get everyone’s wish list items at each specific retailer.
Plan out where you need to park to shop efficiently. Guests can utilize our spacious indoor parking garages or grade level parking fields.
TAKE A FOOD BREAK
There are 17 restaurant and food venues inside Holyoke Mall that will be open to accommodate your hunger pangs. Shoppers may even want to make reservations in advance, to avoid waiting in line. Get the hour-by-hour listing of restaurant openings.
VISIT SANTA CLAUS
Yes, Santa is returning on BLACK FRIDAY! There will be plenty of fun and magic to go around with Old St. Nick but to ensure safety, new guidelines have been implemented for the Santa Set. Reservations are strongly encouraged with walk-up visits available as space allows throughout the day. Best practices will be followed, including maintaining a social distance of at least 6 feet from Santa, face masks, and enhanced cleaning between visits. For more information on the safety measures being taken based on the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, click here. Santa is located Café Square level and will be available to take photos on Black Friday from 11:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. For Santa’s hours for the rest of the season, click here.
Select retailers may offer curbside service. Here is a list of stores providing curbside pickup at Holyoke Mall. This list is subject to change, so remember to call ahead to confirm if your store will be able to provide this service and ask where to park to receive your package.
BUY ONLINE PICKUP IN-STORE
Select retailers are also offering Buy Online Pickup In-Store. In addition to curbside pick-up, many shoppers are looking to buy merchandise online and pick it up at their favorite store this holiday season to avoid shipping fees, shipping delays and porch pirates. Holyoke Mall has a handy link on the home page of our website that lists all of the stores providing the Buy Online Pickup In-Store service.
BE KIND & HAVE FUN
The holiday season is the “most wonderful time of the year”, but it can also be stressful. As we navigate our way through this shopping season, with new social norms, we ask that you help us spread smiles and joy by being patient and be kind. You never know how you may make someone’s day by being kind. Everyone at Holyoke Mall wants you to enjoy a safe and memorable shopping experience.
Guests are reminded to check individual store hours, as well as a list of Black Friday sales, by visiting www.holyokemall.com.
About Holyoke Mall
Holyoke Mall at Ingleside is Western’s New England’s premiere shopping center located in Holyoke’s Ingleside neighborhood and conveniently located near the interchange of I-90 and I-91. Holyoke Mall was built in 1979 and later expanded in 1995- now spanning 1.6 million square feet. The three-level Mall is home to 150 shops, restaurants, and department stores including: Macy’s, Christmas Tree Shops, Target, Victoria’s Secret, Apple, Round1, DSW, Forever 21, Loft, Banana Republic, H&M, Sumo Japanese Steakhouse, 110 Grill, and more. For more information, visit www.holyokemall.com.
About Pyramid Management Group, LLC
Pyramid Management Group, owner of Holyoke Mall, is one of the largest, most innovative, privately-held real estate developers in the northeast. Headquartered in Syracuse, New York, Pyramid’s portfolio of dynamic shopping, dining and entertainment destinations and expanding hospitality presence dominate the northeast with 14 properties located throughout New York and Massachusetts. For nearly 50 years, Pyramid has built its reputation on being first, fast, ahead of the curve and always what’s next, leading the industry in combining the best elements of traditional retail with world-class dining and entertainment, all under one roof. For more information, visit www.pyramidmg.com.